Welcome

Welcome to my investment blog where I share with you my analysis of REITs in Singapore.

I hope that my investment philosophy will bring me a steady stream of income apart from my job. I am aiming for at least $3,000 per month which can sustain the current expenses of myself and my family.

Do enjoy reading my blog and post any comments that you have. I welcome them because it is a time to learn from each other.

When I am looking at investing in REIT, here are some of the guidelines that I am looking at. Feel free to comment on it. I am willing to listen to ideas.

-> at least 8% yield.
-> Price that is lower than its NAV.
-> Low gearing (if possible)
-> High secured NAV.

Current Dividend income is $3,800/month.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Sale of Rickmer Maritime Trust

Some time last month, I have a cashflow crunch which forces me to sell one of my holdings to raise cash for everyday use. It was a miscalculation and an elementary mistake on my part and selling investments for everyday usage should never happen. Nevertheless, I have to.

I sold 21,000 shares of Rickmer Maritime Trust at a price of $0.295. I sold it because I don't really see how the rental rates of these ships can recover to its current levels. The current rates are about 1/3 of their contracted rates which some is expiring soon. Thus, I took a pre-empt move to sell it even though there is another potential candidate actually.

I hope that I am right this time although it is now creeping up to $0.30. It solved my family cashflow problem so it is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment